Thursday, May 28, 2015

Skype!

(Monday, May 11, 2015)
Hey everybody.
 
This week was pretty good. Nothing too exciting happened, but we still had some stuff go on. So, this last week we really only had 3 days to work in our area. There were transfers Monday and I was just in the bus terminal all day figuring stuff out with other missionaries. On Tuesday we had our p-day, so we only had a couple hours of work. Wednesday we had a good day of work and Elder White met all the members and investigators. Thursday, Elder White and I had leadership counsel in the mission office. So, we were there all day getting training and doing stuff with money and all those fun technicalities. Then, Friday morning we had a meeting with the district leaders to coordinate all the stuff from the leadership counsel which we followed up by a zone meeting in the afternoon. Those both went well and it was fun to see everyone.
 
From Friday evening to Saturday evening we had divisions. I worked with Elder Ratliff (one of the other elders from our ward) in my area. Those went really well and Elder Ratliff is a really cool and chill Elder. He also goes home with Elder White in 5 weeks, so that`s kind of cool. The people in our area are doing well. The Colombians are doing well and their nephew, Robert, is listening to us. He`ll change little by little, but he`s a great guy and we like teaching him. We`re still working with Martin to get the signature from his mom and then have his baptism. So, his baptism will happen as soon as we get the sign off from his mom. La familia Luque, members, and their cousin, Lamaris, are doing well. It rained a lot on Saturday, so they didn’t come to church, but they are still cool. We also started teaching Nancy, Sheila, and Franco again. They are doing well and they really have good desires to follow God and get baptized. So, I`ll keep you guys updated with that. Other than that, we had la familia Maldonado, members, that we pass by and they are also doing really well. We have a lot of cool members and cool investigators to teach. Also, the highlight of my week came yesterday. Yesterday, being mother`s day, I got to skype home. It was my last call home before I actually get home which is crazy. It was really good and I really enjoyed it! That`s pretty much it.
 
The quote this week comes from James E. Talmage. He said, “For what is man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” It`s interesting to think about how much we, as humans, lust after the things and the glory of the world, when it all dies with us. We can`t take our money or things with us when we die, so why give up our good name and our righteous deeds to do so. Thank you to everyone who wrote me this week-for enduring to the end haha- and I hope to hear from you all soon.
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 
 a blue painted dog we saw...I dont know if the picture came out to where you can see it.
 
a picture from the skype call. my family didnt know I took a picture so I caught them all looking funny haha (sorry family)

No comments:

Post a Comment