Thursday, May 28, 2015

20 Months!!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hey everybody.

So, as the title says, I officially hit 20 months in the mission this week! That´s crazy! That sounds like so much time and means that I´ll be home now in less than 4 months.


Yesterday was some revolution holiday here in Argentina, so that's why I´m writing today. So, this week went by crazy fast because of how many divisions we did. I was in my area with Elder Perez from Colombia on Tuesday and then Wednesday morning. He´s cool and those went well. Then, I went to Puerto Tirol (a small city about half an hour away from the city) from Thursday night to Saturday morning. I was there with Elder Delgado from Ecuador. The 4 missionaries there share a house, so I was really with all of them. On Friday we couldn't go out and work because of the festival they had going on for some saint, Santa Rita. So, we just stayed inside and played monopoly once and then risk twice. I was getting pretty sick of it towards the end. One of the missionaries there is Elder Smith from my MTC district, so that was cool.

Then, this weekend was stake conference, when a whole bunch of members get together in one church. We had a member of the area 70 come to talk to us. He´s a higher up leader that usually doesn't come. Elder Salas was his name. We had a session for just the adults on Saturday and then one for everybody on Sunday. They were awesome and I really enjoyed them. Damaris came and really liked it and everything is going well for her baptism this Saturday!! :) Also, Martin´s brother, Jonny, started listening to us and wants to come to church and learn more and get baptized. So, we are going to be working with them. The Colombians are doing well and are still progressing and learning. Also, la familia Aguirre and  la Familia Maldonado are all doing well. Yesterday, since we had divisions planned for today, I went on divisions with another Elder. I went to his area in Fontana (another small town about 20 minutes away) and I was there from Sunday night until this morning. His name is Elder Vargas and he is from Colombia and he is really cool. We get along well and he has a cool area with good people to teach. So, I was super busy and barely in my area this week, but it all went well and we had a good week.

The quote this week comes from David A. Edwards and it reads, "Time management means making sure the things you say are your priorities actually are your priorities." I love this quote. It´s so simple and so true. We can´t expect to be efficient with our time if we waste multiple hours in front of the TV or computer while we say that our priorities are fitness and our job. Just something to think about. Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week and I hope to hear from everybody soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine 
 
A field at a farm that Elder Vargas and I went to during divisions

No comments:

Post a Comment