Saturday, May 2, 2015

19 Months!

(Monday, April 27, 2015)

Hey everybody,


So this last week I officially hit 19 months in the mission. Pretty exciting if you ask me. Anyways, it was a pretty good week overall. On Tuesday, we had a goodbye party for Santo Vega. He was going to the mission in Uruguay. So, there was food and soda and everyone just talked to him and that was fun. Then, the next day we went and did service with the Colombians. We went and worked on their roof. They bought this stuff that you like heat up and then melt to the roof so that no water leaks in when it rains. So, we were doing that for awhile and that went well. Than, we cut 2 lawns the next day to do more service which is always nice. The families were really grateful and it felt good to do. We finished the one we started last week and got another one done. Then, on Friday, we had lunch at this place called San José and they had these really good mini empanadas.

Then, we had the meeting with Elder Oaks. So, Dallin H. Oaks, an apostle, and his wife were here all day on Friday. We all shook their hands, he had a great talk and message, and it was awesome to see all the missionaries. The entire mission came, so everyone of my old companions was there and other cool missionaries and it was a really good day. Also, while his wife was talking she asked if anyone had their preach my gospel in spanish. We were told that we would only need our scriprues, but I brought my preach my gospel anyways. So, I raised my hand and she had me come up and asked me to give her the baptismal interview. I was super confused, but she explained it and we only did the first part and she gave her testimony in spanish as I read and asked her the questions. So, that was really cool to be able to do. Also, we went to the mission office church yesterday for church. One of Elder Murphy´s converts was coming and we got permission from president to go there for this week. The Colombians still went to church at the main building. They are still doing really well and get better every week. Martin got grounded by his mom this last week and couldn´t leave the house, so we´re going to see when we can make his baptism happen. Also, la familia Aguirre is doing well. This week is Elder Murphy´s last week as a missionary which is weird. This is now the second time I´ve finished off a missionary. So, next week I will have a new companion and we´ll see if anything else changes.

The quote this week comes from Thomas S. Monson. He said, "To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humility." I love this quote and how it covers many aspects of life and how we are to respond to them. thank you to everyone who wrote me this week and I hope to hear from you all soon.
 
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 
 A turtle I caught this week.
 The roof work with the Colombians.
 The mini empanadas from San Jose.
 
My Sáenz Peña companions from Centro-E´Mejia and E´Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment