Monday, January 26, 2015

Divisions!!

Hey everybody! 

This week was pretty good, even though I was almost never in my area. Oh, and first of, I hit 16 months in the mission this week, the time is really adding up. So, I was not really even working in my area from wednesday to saturday because Elder Giles went to Cordoba. He went there to finish up all his visa stuff and I stayed with Elder Creer and Elder Gonzalez as a trio in their area. So, Friday was the only really fun day with them. In the morning we did an activity with the branch and walked around and just gave away presents to the kids of the more humble families in the ward and then went to the birthday party of the mom of one of the part member families in their area. It was awesome and they had incredible pizza and Elder Creer made tacos (which dont exist here) and then the cake was really good. So, the divisions were pretty fun, but I was kind of happy when they ended to just be back in my apartment with Elder Giles and back in my own bed. And, Elder Giles brought back some alfajors from Cordoba and they were supposed to be really good. They´re super different which I think is what makes them good, but they aren´t incredible. And then, Elder Giles gave his first talk in spanish yesterday in church and it went well. He only messed up when he said that his younger brother was 27 haha. But, it was a good talk. Anyways, la familia ponce is still doing well and that´s about it for this week. 

The quote I wanted to add comes from Thomas S. Monson and it reads, "When we give to others what we have, even if that may not be money, others will more frequently want to be in our presence." I like that and how true it is in all aspects of life. Others respect humility and desire to help. Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week, I´ll put some pictures up next week, and I hope to hear from you all soon.
 
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment