Monday, January 12, 2015

Interviews

Hey Everyone! 

This week was pretty good overall. First off, we had interviews with President Franco. Those went well and we had a good training from the assistants and it was a really good day. And, we also had zone conference this week on friday. It was nice, took kind of long, but pretty interesting. They said that some areas in the mission might be getting bikes which is a pretty big change. However, I do not want a bike. You can talk with more people by just walking, I think its more exercise, and, more than anything, I´m getting to the end of my mission and don´t want to buy some ghetto Argentine bike that I wont bring home with me. 

Anyways, they also talked about how we are going to get rid of a lot of the numbers that we report in the mission for the missionaries to really focus in on and understand our purpose- To help people. Too many missionaries were getting caught up in the numbers and not the people, and therefore didnt have success, and then got angry, etc., etc. And they want us to teach more on family history. To learn more about our families and teach others to do the same. 

Other than that there was a kind of funny story that I had with Elder Giles. We were doing the nightly verifications with our leaders and just talking like normal and they asked elder Giles what he was thinking about. Well, Elder Giles thought that it had to be a missionary answer and just shouted out, "hablar con todos" or "talk to everyone" and the leaders and I got a chuckle out of it because he could have said anything but it just went straight to that. Sorry if you didn´t find that funny. 

The only other thing is that we found 2 really cool people, Mayra and Natalia, and both of their respective families. So, we´ll see how that plays out and how they progress. And, Aldana finally came back from being with her Aunt and Uncle and came to church yesterday, so we should have her baptism this saturday if all goes as planned!!! She´s Amalia´s kid for those of you who had forgotten. So, wish us luck. 

And, the only other thing I wanted to put in here this week is a quote from Sister Franco that she said in spanish but I´ll do my best to put it in English. She said, "The one thing that never changes in life is that there are always changes." We have to adapt to the changesa of life and deal with them the best that we can. Thank you to everyone who wrote me and I hope to hear from you all soon.
 
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 
 The street after a rainstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment