Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sáenz Peña

Hey Everybody!! 

The biggest news of the week is transfers. We are staying together in Sáenz Peña!! So Elder Giles and I are on our 3rd transfer here together. Then, we had to be in the apartment early a lot this week. On the 30th, 31st, and 1st we had to be in the apartment at 7pm. So, we didn´t do too much at night other than study a little bit, cook food, and just talk. But, we still got some good work done this week. Delicia, Amalia, Ezequiel, and la familia Ramirez are still doing well. Only the Dad still won´t let them do anything with the church and she doesnt have anywhere to live if she left him. But, they´re still and awesome family to teach.  We are focusing on teaching la familia Suarez to get them reactivated and get the kids baptized. And, we are going to focus on finding new, good people to teach. 

Then, the other big thing that happened this week is the reason why I didn´t write yesterday. We got called and had to go do tramites in Corrientes. Elder Giles needed to do his Visa stuff to stay for his mission, and I had to show my papers to the people at the office for them to update my status on the internet. Actually, I´m not too sure what we did with my stuff to be honest. We did something though. So, we had to travel there yesterday morning, go do the papers, and then relax some. We had some time to walk around after, so we saw some of the shops, enjoyed the view of the river(even though its really dirty), and then, the highlight of my week, we ate t Mcdonalds AND Subway!! I normally don´t eat this much, but the last time I ate american food was a year ago in corrientes. So, I got a foot-long, a big mac, large fries, a chicken sandwich, coke, and mcflurry. Yes, I know it was excessive and yes, it was worth it. Although Subway was really limited on their selections and I just had to get roast beef, it was still worth it. So, that made for a really long day yesterday, but it was a great time. 

Thank you to everyone who wrote me last week, Happy New Year(See you all this year haha), and I hope to hear from you soon. The last thing I wanted to put in here was the quote and this week it actually comes from one of my favorite members that always gives us lunch, German Rodriguez. He got up and fast and testimony and was talking about the difficulties in life when he said the following, "The easy things don´t make us better or force us to improve." I love that and I love the simplicity. Just put it into practice.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment