Monday, July 28, 2014

Branch Activity

Hey everyone! 

This week was pretty good! I started off the week early on by doing divisions on Tuesday. I went with Elder Valdez and we went and worked in his area for the day. It went pretty well and I liked getting to meet the people in his area. Elder Valdez is okay. He´s not my favorite to work with and it´s always weird teaching the lessons in a way that you´re not used to, but he´s a really good guy and we shared some cool stories. Then, I felt kind of weird/sick for part of the day on Tuesday and most of Wednesday. I think it was probably something I ate. But, it wasn´t that bad and I´m all better now. 

And, this week was really cool because of the branch activity that we had on Saturday. A ton of people met up at the church and there were different activities going on, lke soccer, cards, musicians, and football. Yes, real football. I brought my football to the activity and everyone seemed to love it, especially all the white missionaries. So, I loved playing catch for the first time in a year with someone that could actually throw a football. And, I did some magic tricks with the cards, played the guitar, played the piano, and even played a little soccer. And there was a giant lunch at the end with pizza, sandwiches, chicken, etc. etc. And they even had hot dogs (even though they were uncooked and they only use mayo as a condiment...at least they tried. 

And this week we found two cool families to teach. One is the neighbor of la familia Melgarejos and they came to they activity and really enjoyed it and they are already really good friends with Lidia, so I´m excited for them. The girl is 28 and the guy is 22 and there are 4 kids, ages 9, 7, 2, and a baby. But, the baby is the only biological child of the guy that she´s living with. And the other family had listened to missionaries before but now want to learn more and the mom´s name is Natalia and they have two kids 8 and 6. So, we will see what happens with them. And la familia Melgarejos made me happy since they were they ones who originally shared the gospel with their neighbors to get them interested! :) 

And the quote I wanted to share is from two people. The first part is from Charles Swindoll and the second part is from President Thomas S. Monson and he reflects on what was said by Swindoll. Swindoll said, "Courage is not limited to the battlefield...or bravely catching a thief in your house. The real tests of courage are much quieter. They are inner tests, like remaining faithful when no one´s looking,...like standing alone when you´re misunderstood." And President Monson stated, "He who stands steadfastly for that which is right must risk becoming at times disapproved and unpopular." I love both of these and how clear they are on what real courage is. That real courage sometimes requires losing something; that it´s not always winning. Thank you to everyone that wrote me this week and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

 The mold that started to grow in the apartment from the humidity(Don´t worry, it´s gone now.)

A cat on top of a car in a car dealership...ghetto

 The field where we played and threw the football.

The lunch at the activity.



No comments:

Post a Comment