Friday, July 25, 2014

Staying in Goya!!!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Hey everyone!! 

I have the news! I stayed in Goya with Elder Mauricio, so I will be the last companion that he has in the mission!! :D I get to be the person who gets to kill him, as us missionaries say if you´re the last companion of someone! I´m super excited for that and to see how it is!!  

This week was actually pretty good overall! La Hermana Cuevas came to church with us for the 3rd time and she is praying to know if she should be baptized into the church. So, I´ll keep you all updated as that goes.  We had a pretty cool week with la familia Melgarejos and they fed us lunch twice this week and gave us dessert twice, as well. And they shared their feelings about the church with their neighbors and it turns out that the new baby of the neighbors is sick. So, they told the neighbors that we could give her a blessing to help her get better since we did that with Sol, the baby of Lidia, and she was perfectly fine the next day. So, we did the blessing and from what we´ve heard, she is doing much better! :) So that was pretty cool! But, the only bad part about this week is that we had to stop teaching a lot of the people that we were teaching, because they weren´t coming to church or progressing in order to receive an answer. But, I have faith that we will find some awesome people with the time that we now have instead of teaching the old people. 

And, today we had interviews with the new mission President, President Franco, and it went super well. He is a really nice guy and really cares about the people and making sure that we are happy and really helping people! So, I´m super excited to have him as my new President for the next 13 months and to get to know him better! 

I really like the quote this week and it comes from Henry B. Eyring. It reads, "There is happiness rather than fatigue in the faces of those who unselfishly serve." I love this quote and I don´t think that it could be more true. I have felt this before and during the mission and I know that serving others ALWAYS brings happiness, even if it is a hard thing for us to do. So, I hope that everyone can find happiness in serving others and putting yourself last. Thank you to everyone who wrote me this week and I hope to hear from you all soon! And, The computer is jacked, so we shall hope for pictures next week!!
 
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment