Monday, August 4, 2014

10 Months Forgotten...

Hey Everyone.
 
I just wanted to start out by letting everyone know that I forgot something last week. I forgot to mention that I hit the 10 month mark in my mission!!! :) So that´s cool. This week was pretty good I guess. Even though we are technically in the middle of winter, this week was super hot. For 3 days in a row it was crazy hot and really humid. This just means that this coming summer is going to be killer... 
 
Anyways, this week we had some good things happen and one sad thing. We found out this week that the boyfriend of natalia refuses to get married and doesn´t want to learn about the church, so we can´t really do a whole lot anymore with her or her kids which is sad. But, we have some good news with la hermana Cuevas. This week she came to church again, the 4th time, and she really likes everything we teach. The only problem is that she doesn´t feel ready for baptism and can´t receive an answer, yes or no, from God. So we are really just hoping that she can receive an answer to be able to take that step. And, this week she showed us how to make canasta. I don´t really know what that would be in english, but it´s like homemade wooden baskets. So that was cool. And we had a good week with la familia Melgarejos. We had a family home evening with them and their neighbors and that went well. We had a good lesson about the restoration of the gospel and then had a good dinner. 
 
And, I don´t know if I´ve already said this, but I will anyways. Elder Mauricio doesn´t know how to ride a bike, a motorcycle, or a car. He just knows how to walk haha Because, no one has a car in his country, not that many people have a motorcycle, and his mom never let him ride a bike. So, this week we tried to teach him how to ride a bike at the house of la familia melgarejos before we ate dinner. And, it went okay I think. He can now at least go in a straight line, he just falls when he has to turn. So, I´m hoping to have fully taught him by the time he goes home!! :) 
 
That´s pretty much all that happened this week, and the quote I want to include this week comes from Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He said, "There is one thing we can do to make life sweeter, more joyful, even glorious. We can be grateful!" I love this quote and it´s one of the principles I feel most strongly about. Being constantly grateful not only shows humility, but also a true appreciation of the efforts of others. Showing gratitude doesn´t take much, a verbal thank you, a written letter, an email, etc. are simple things that we can do in our everyday life to show gratitude towards others, even if it is an action that may have been expected. Thank you to everyone who wrote me this week, I hope summer is going well, and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

 The snake we found while walking.

 Me and the snake

No comments:

Post a Comment