Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Transfers Tomorrow!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Hey everyone! 


This week was pretty okay I guess. This week I´ve really learned why they said that Corrientes is the roughest part of the mission. I love the place here in Goya and I love the city and the weather, but once again no one came to church. The work is harder here because everyone is so entrenched in saints and statue worshipping and no one wants to wake up to go to church at 9am. I didn´t really get that when I first got here because we were having a ton of success. But, now I see it a little bit more, but I have faith that we´ll find some awesome people soon!! But, this week was still pretty cool. We still had a lot of lessons, it´s just that no one came to church. And, we made pancakes for la familia Vera this week!! I actually just showed them how and then they made the pancakes. So, it didn´t turn out super pretty, but they still tasted good. And they liked the maple syrup that I made, since it doesn´t exist here but I brought some maple extract. 

And Argentina won the semifinals of the World Cup and everyone was going crazy...and then we lost yesterday, so now everyone is sad and some people get mad at me because they think I´m German since I´m tall and blonde haha. 

So, las familias Perez, Fernandez, and Cuevas are all doing well and we had some good lessons with them, the only bad thing this week is that they were all lazy and just slept in on sunday and didn´t some to church. :( But, I´m enjoying the work and I know that we´ll have success soon. Transfers are tomorrow and I would like to stay here, and it would be cool if Elder Mauricio stayed too so that I could be his last companion before he goes home!! But, we shall see what happens. 

Anyways, the quote I wanted to share this week comes from Dieter F. Uchtdorf and it says, "Addictions are so much easier to prevent than they are to cure." It´s short and simple, but I love the message. It applies to all things: tv, coffee, drugs, sports, work, the computer, etc., etc. But the message is the same. If we want to avoid having something control our lives, then we should never let it in our lives in the first place. The things that start out harmless quickly turn into our vices and our mind changes and believes that we can´t live without these things. So, it is, therefore, much easier to not start than to start and then try to quit. Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week and I hope that everyone is doing well and I hope to hear from you all soon.
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 pictures of me washing my clothes by hand since a few of you asked for the pictures. (I haven´t seen a washing machine in I don´t even know how long-be grateful you have one... haha)

 pictures of the pancakes with la familia Vera and how beautiful they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment