Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Transfers!!

Hey Everybody. 
 
So this week was probably one of the most interesting weeks we´ve had in awhile. So transfers were yesterday! I am in Sáenz Peña still but with an Elder Mejia. They already happened!! We got a call on Sunday that said that transfer calls would now be on Sunday instead of Tuesday. And, they sent Elder Giles off to campo largo and my companion showed up yesterday. It was sad to say goodbye to Elder Giles, even more so because it was unexpected. I will miss him for sure, but am also excited to have another latin. Not counting the MTC, I now have had 3 gringos and 3 latins as companions. And Elder Mejia is from Mexico. 
 
Anyways, more on the week. Elder Giles was still a little sick to start the week off and so we were just in the apartment while he recuperated. Then, Darian, the convert of the sisters that Elder Giles baptized, had his birthday this week. He invited us over to his house to have some cake and soda and it was pretty cool. It went well and he´s a pretty cool guy and a really solid convert. And then on Saturday we had to be in the apartment early again. They say that there are festivals and stuff in the streets, but there is absolutely nothing. But, I´m not complaining. I´ll take the rest. And then church went really well and I taught a class and I really liked it and there was a lot of participation. And, as far as the people of our area go, las familias ponce, Ramirez, and alvarenga (maria´s family) are all doing well and continuing to move forward. Oh, on a sidenote, by staying here this transfer I will officially have 1 year of my 2 year mission in Sáenz Peña haha 6 months in Ensanche Sur and 6 months in Centro. I´m lucky I don´t hate the place haha 
 
Other than that I just had the weekly quote. This week it comes from Dieter F Uchtdorf. He said, “Let us acknowledge that most often gaining a testimony is not a task of a minute, an hour, or a day. It is not once and done. The process of gathering spiritual light is the quest of a lifetime.” I love this quote. A testimony, or belief, doesn´t come or stay from one experience. We have to constantly try to grow in faith, in knowledge, and in all aspects of life.Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week and I hope to hear from you all soon.
 
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

P.S. Mail takes about 5-6 weeks to get to me and my birthday is in just under 6 weeks…and I put letters on the wishlist this year ;) haha

This computer doesn´t accept any device being plugged into it...we´ll hope for pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment