Friday, February 20, 2015

Forgot 500

Hey everybody. 

So, last week I had noticed, but forgot to inform you guys, that I hit 500 days in the mission!! that´s a lot of days to me haha anyways, with last week and this week included, I have yet to lose a single game of ping-pong. So, I guess thats one of the nice things of Elder Giles not being here anymore since he´s the only one that could really beat me. 

So, The week went pretty well. On thursday we had our district meeting and we are trading off weeks for a companionship to bring a dessert. so, it was our week this week and we decided to get everyone little ice cream bars from grido. So, that was fun. Oh, and I realized this week that, not counting the MTC, I have now had 3 latin companions and 3 gringos. Elder Mejia is my third latin companion, and the one with the least time. He only has 3 months in the mission. He just barely finished his training. Oh, and today we are only writing for an hour at the church because everywhere else is closed today and tomorrow for some carnival thing. So, we will be writing the other hour tomorrow if possible, or wednesday or thursday depending on when places decide to open back up. 

Anyways, as far as the people of the area go, Sara Quintana is doing well. She was going to come to church and was all ready and everything, but then her son showed up to bring her to his house for something. :( so, we shall hope for next week. And, la familia ponce is still doing well. The kids are always a disaster when we go over there, but they´re a good family. and, we found a family this week that is pretty cool. The familia Sandoval. They were really interested in the lesson and I think they have potential. The only other people would be Maria and her family, the less active members. They are starting to do a lot better and they came to church this week as well. So, now they have been to church 2 of the last 3 sundays! Hopefully they keep it up. That´s pretty much it for this week I think. It was a pretty good week overall and I´m happy with the work right now in the area. Hopefully we´ll have some more success this transfer. 

But, other than that, I just had the weekly quote that I wanted to put in. This week it comes from Carlos A. Godoy who said, "We need to be prepared for the challenges that will come. The best paths in life are rarely the easiest. Often, it is exactly the opposite." I love the quote and the boldness and clarity it uses to show demonstrate a better perspective. We shouldn´t search for the easier way, because it is not the most gradifying. The things that are worth the most, are the hardest to get and I love how true that is in all that we do. Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week and I hope to hear from you all soon. You now even have an extra day or two to write me before I write the other hour! :)

Les quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment