Tuesday, September 30, 2014

1 Year!!!!!!

Hey everybody!! 

 I officially hit one year in the mission this past Thursday!! I´m over half way done! Crazy how fast the time went and I´m sure that it will go even faster now that I´m on the downhill part. Now, there´s only one bad part to that. There´s an urban legend in the mission that every missionary is magically forgotten after one year. People write to them and everything is going well and then they hit one year and nobody writes them anymore except for their mother. So, please don´t let that happen to me. If you´re part of the email list then that means that I would love to hear from you and hear whats happened in the last year and what all is going on. 

This week ended up being a really awesome week. I hit the year mark on Thursday, so we did a little celebrating that day. The work day went well, and then we finished it all up with an awesome dinner. I bought 2 new shirts and a cool hat that day and then for dinner I bought a dozen empanadas, 3 hamburgers, a pizza, a 2 liter of soda, and a pound of ice cream....and yes, I did eat it all :D haha And, as like a one year present...Francisca Amarilla got baptized!! That was super cool to have happen this week. She was ready this week and everything went really well and a lot of people came to the baptism. Elder Aguirre baptized her and it was good to see that she could finally decide to do it. So I hit one year in the mission and then had a baptism two days later. On Friday, we did mini divisions so that Elder De La Peña could do the interview, so I got to work in the area of Elder Zúñiga for a few hours until the branch activity and that was fun! The branch activity went well. A lot of people came and the game was really fun. 

Overall, a ton of stuff happened this week and it was all exciting and fun. I´m just tired now from everything last week. But, I´m still excited because we are working with the rest of her family to get baptized and I really hope that all her kids and grandkids can get there too. So, I´m pretty happy with how the week went to hit my one year mark. 

The quote I wanted to put in this week comes from John U. Teh and it reads, "If we are not careful, we will begin to chase after the temporal more than the spiritual." I love this quote and believe that a lot of thinking can be done in respect to this. The material things that we have in this life are not nearly as important as the happiness we gain from being true, honest, and virtuous people.Thank you to everyone who wrote me this last week and for everyone who wished me a happy one year mark and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment