Monday, September 15, 2014

Pirane

Hey everybody! 

This week went pretty well overall. We had to travel to a place called fontana on tuesday to go to a meeting and it´s about 2 hours away, so that was a long day, but it was a meeting. And, the assistents to the president came to our area and did divisions with us for 1 day and we got a ton of teaching done with them. We got to work in both areas of Pirané and we found some cool new families and we´ll see how they progress. We had the branch activity on Friday and we made milanesa sandwiches. Elder aguirre and I spent about an hour before the activity to cook everything and we did about 70 sandwiches! It was a good activity and we had fun playing some guessing games and just talking with the members. 

La familia Benitez, Amarilla, Elsa, and Elisa and the coolest families that we are teaching right now and they are all doing well. They are accepting our invitations and reading and praying to get an answer. The only problem is that this week it rained a ton on Saturday. And, since no one has cars here, they were all going to walk to church. But, the roads are like sand here. So, when it rains there is always like 2 feet of mud, and so they couldn´t come to church yesterday. But, they are all really cool people and I know that they´ll make it to church this week. Nothing too exciting really happened other than that and things are just going well here. We are still finding a ton of new people to teach and I´m excited for the success that we´ll have here. 

Oh, and the computer that we use can´t read my camera for some reason. so, this week I´m going to see if we can move my pictures onto another device and then send them that way, because we haven´t had pictures now for like a month, but just know that I am taking pictures and I´ll get them up as soon as I can. 

The quote I wanted to put in this week comes from Boyd K. Packer and it reads as follows, "I wish to share with you those truths which are the most worth knowing...like most things of great worth, knowledge which is of eternal value comes only through personal prayer and pondering." the message I love that we can take from this is that of an eternal perspective. If we take a step back and think and truly ponder on what is important in this life, we will find more easily the things of true value. Thank you to everyone who wrote me and for all being patient with the pictures and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment