Friday, August 29, 2014

11 Months!!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Hey everybody! 


Today officially marks 11 months in the mission! Crazy how fast it went! Like I said last week, we had a multizone conference on Tuesday. That went well and I was assigned to play the organ for that which was fun to do. It was a good day and it was good to see some old, familiar faces. And, this last saturday, we had another fun branch activity. It was kind of like the last one where we threw the football for awhile and then had lunch and then a small talent show. All went well and we had locro for lunch. Locro is like a soup thing with veggies and cow. But not normal cow. The stomach, tripe, kidney, leg, and tail of the cow. And after a little bit, we didn´t want anymore. Mostly because some of the pieces still had skin and hair on them...So Elder Mauricio and I just left real quick and bought some chocolate and coca-cola haha. And, for the talent show I was able to play a couple songs on the piano and then do some card tricks which was fun. 

Elder Mauricio is now officially gone. He left this morning and I am staying with our zone leaders until the other changes happen tomorrow. I´m hoping that I stay here and that I get to train a new missionary. La familia Melgarejos made us dinner twice this week to say goodbye to Elder Mauricio and that was good. They are doing well and their neighbors are coming along as well. They are accepting what we teach, but their kids got really sick last week and they couldn´t come to church because of that, but I have faith that they´ll get there! And, I got a couple cool hats this week and I forgot to take pictures. I´ll get some pictures and get those to you next week. 

And, we took a picture with all the soda that we had in the last 7 weeks. I think that you´ll all be impressed with the picture! That was pretty much all the exciting stuff this week. The quote for this week comes from Jean A. Stevens and it reads, "We can trust that He will help us, not necessarily in the way we want but in the way that will best help us to grow." I love this because it shows us that some of the trials that we pass through are necessary in order to learn certain lessons. But, once we have learned what is required, the Lord will help us get back up and get to a stronger position!! Thank you to everyone who wrote me, I hope you all enjoyed summer, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 
 The cow tail with hair.

 Me metaphorically killing Elder Mauricio

 The soda we had.

 Don´t worry, I got one coke zero to not get fat.
 Taking out the garbage-2 trips is for wussies.

 The last dinner we had.

 Elder Mauricio and me  before he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment