Thursday, August 14, 2014

Baby Blessing


Monday,  August 11, 2014

Hey Everyone. 
This week went pretty well. I forgot to mention last week that I got to do the baby blessing for sol! Lidia asked me to do the blessing, so we did it in church and that was pretty cool to do, even though sol was squirming around the whole time. And, this last week we had a little moving to do. We use to rent 2 apartments in the building, but we are now down to 1 since no new missionaries came and the contract ended. So, Elder Mauricio and I had to take all of the furniture, appliances, books, shelves, etc. from the lower apartment and move them into our apartment. So we took a couple hours out on Tuesday and Wednesday to get all that done. 
Our 2 convert families are both doing well. This week we found out that la familia Gomez is moving a couple of streets down, but those couple streets make them not in our area anymore and the other missionaries will have to go by their house instead of us. So, that was kind of sad, but it´s a better house for less money, so it makes sense. And la familia Melgarejos is also doing well. They actually fed us dinner like 3 times this week which was really cool and we even had a Family Home Evening with them and their neighbors and watched a movie on the restoration of the gospel and it turned out to be a really cool night. Their neighbors are doing well, but can´t seem to wake up on time to get to church, but we´ll work with them on it. And la hermana Cuevas is coming along well and starting to get answers, but this week she was unable to come to church. She has diabetes and started feeling really sick on Friday and hasn´t left her house since then. So, we´ll hope she gets better. And, since it is prohibited to play any sport other than volleyball and ping pong, I gave my old cleats to la familia Vera. I brought them thinking that I would use them, but I can´t. So, I decided to give them to the family as a gift and they can use them for soccer. 
Anyways, that´s about it for this week and the quote comes, once again, from Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It reads, "We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the raIinbow before thanking God that there is rain?" I love this quote and how clearly it shows us that we should be thankful before, and not only after. Thank you to everyone who wrote me and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

A cute picture of Sol.

Every one of those dots is a good sized spider...
we found a hive...my fear of spiders has basically disappeared

No comments:

Post a Comment