Monday, June 9, 2014

STAYING IN GOYA!!!

Hey everyone!! 

This week was good and I got to stay here in Goya along with Elder Mauricio!! So, I´m super excited for that. This week we did a lot with la familia Melgarejos. We played a game with them with flour and cutting the flour until a coin or piece of candy falls down-for those of you that know the game. And, they made torta frita two nights for us and that was awesome!! And they were super excited for their baptism and when they saw two random missionaries in the city, not us, they went up to them to invite them to their baptism, so that was cool to hear! And, there was a tiny little problem on Friday, so we had to postpone their baptism to this coming saturday, but it was nothing bad and they are still super excited for the baptism and all should go well this week!! 

And, on the night of transfer calls, Elder Mauricio and I went and got stuff and made empanadas to celebrate another transfer done and they turned out pretty good. When I get home, I will make empanadas for everyone who doesn´t know what they are or how they taste so that everyone can know how awesome they are haha. And, on Friday I was assigned to give a talk in church. So, I spent some time on Saturday preparing for that and all seemed to go well and I actually liked doing it. 

Not a whole lot apart from that happened this week. Oh, except for Wednesday! When we found out that we were staying, we went out the next day and bought enough soda for the transfer, I´ll add in the picture haha. 

Anyways, the only other thing that I wanted to put in was a quote that comes from Randall L. Ridd again and it says, "What we consistently desire is what we will eventually become." I love this and I think that it can be taken in many different ways, but I think about it in the sense of our thoughts and our character. We won´t become great people if we always desire things for ourselves, and we won´t become terrible people is we are constantly desiring to serve others and thinking of ways that we can become better. I hope that everyone can take something personal out of the quote and I hope that everyone has a great week. Thank you to everyone who wrote me and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Love,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 Our district before transfer calls.

 Me with the soda

 Sol, the baby of la familia Melgarejos, I just thought it was a cool picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment