Monday, March 17, 2014

I'M STAYING HERE!!

Hey Everybody!! 

We got the transfer calls and both Elder Cannon and I are staying here for this transfer!! I got my wish!! I get to be here for my birthday (on Friday ;)) and I will have 6 months here in Sáenz Peña at the end of this transfer!! Crazy! It was funny because most of the people we passed by last monday (specifically Raul, Eduardo, Mauricio and his family, and la familia Pereyra) prayed for me to stay here another transfer and their prayers came true haha. Crazy that I´m going to be 19 and next week I will have 6 months in the mission!! 1/4 of the Mission!!!! Crazy! 

But, this week one of the friends of Raul and Eduardo started listening to us, his name is Wilson, and he came to church and wants to be baptized;we just have to get his parents to be okay with it. Also, after we found out we were staying and passed by Mauricio, his dad, Jorge, prayed and thanked God that I was able to stay and teach his family and they are all reading the Book of Mormon and progressing well and the rest of the family has a baptismal date for the 5th of April. Also, la familia Pereyra is still doing good and we have dinner with them tonight where we will eat......mondongo, or, for the gringos, cow stomach!!! So, I´m excited for that haha. 

And, this last week we found music on some file at the church so we have been loving that since we haven´t really had music because elder Cannon doesn´t have any and my package still hasn´t gotten here so that should hold us over until then. 

Also, this last week some college students started having early morning classes at the basketball arena but they don´t start til 8 so we can still play there. But, it´s cool because they are all inside and they are all watching us and it´s like we have a crowd for just the two of us playing. And, since the pictures didn´t work last week I will have pictures today for the last 2 weeks and I have some pictures of the arena!! But, that was pretty much it this week. Elder Cannon and I are excited to work together this transfer and we are having fun and we are having a lot of success and I´m excited to see the development in the people here this transfer!

The quote I wanted to include this week comes from President Gordon B. Hinckley again and it reads, "The Lord did not send you here to fail. He did not give you life to waste it. He bestowed upon you the gift of mortality that you might gain experience-positive, wonderful, purposeful experience-that will lead to life eternal." I like this quote a lot and the perspective it gives us on life. Our time in life isn´t a lot and we have to appreciate what we have and do as much as we can with what we have. I hope we can all live our lives and not have to look back and say that we wasted part or all of our lives!! 

Oh, and the last thing, I´m also pretty excited that I´m going to be 19 years old this friday!!! *cough cough* haha Thanks to everyone for your support and emails and letters!! Talk to everyone next week!
 
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 
 The Basketball Arena we get to play in.


 Last District meeting with our district
 All of the Gomez family except for Celeste who is 11.

 A cool jaguar painting in Centro.

 A 3 day old kitten that la familia Pereyra had.

No comments:

Post a Comment