Thursday, October 31, 2013

Last Week in the MTC!

October 31, 2013

Hola everyone!! This is officially my last time to write everyone before I leave the MTC! This last week went faster than any other week in the MTC. I loved our last time at the TRC(Teaching resource center) where we go and talk to real people that just want to volunteer to come in and talk to the missionaries. We've been doing a lot of our final things this week with leaving questionnaires and packing and making sure everything is order to go. We've been doing a ton of working and classes to make sure we have everything we need and want before we go. We had a lesson from our Branch president (who is over about 35 missionaries at the MTC) and it was awesome. I can't remember the whole lesson or the quote he gave at the end but it said something along the lines of, "We have the opportunity, every day, to say, "That was the best day of my life", and how sad it would be if we ever had to say, "I will start living better tomorrow.""  And I know that this is true. If we have to say that our lives will be better tomorrow, then we may never get to tomorrow and live with that attitude the rest of our lives. So, we need to be grateful for each day and make the best of it. 

Yesterday was the last day we had with our main teacher, Hermano (Brother) Wiest. He is honestly one of the coolest people I have ever met and he was one of the greatest teachers I've ever had, with spanish and with the gospel. I will miss him but I'm excited to actually get to Argentina! It's crazy to think that I only have 3 full days left and then I will not touch American soil again until the end of 2015. I really appreciate all the support that everyone has been giving me. I won't be able to get any more packages here and dearelder won't work after saturday. If you have the mission home address then you can send mail there but I don't have any information right now for where I will be. So, my first pday in Argentina I will send everyone my address and how much it is for postage to Argentina and how long it takes and everything if people have questions. And, since I am about to be in Argentina, I can only receive 4 packages the entire time I am there. So I will get one package each Christmas and on my Birthday in March. So if anyone really wants to send anything to me that won't fit in an envelope, then just contact my parents and I'm sure they can put whatever it is into the package. You can contact them to callwaitingbytes@hotmail.com but I can receive as many envelopes as possible so I would still love to hear from everyone that way and through email. 

Once again, thank you to everyone and I will be in Argentina as of Monday!!
 
Sincerely,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 
 Elder Clarine with his favorite teacher, Hermano Wiest

 This was the pile of food they took down from Saturday-Tuesday, in addition to
 the buffet we got every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment