Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 11 in Saenz Pena

Hola everyone,

There isn´t a ton this week but there were a couple fun stories. My companion from the MTC, Elder Warth, and I got to do divisions this last week which meant that we traded companions for a day and I got to work with him for a day. That was an awesome and cool experience and I hope we both stay this transfer so we can do it again!!! When we were working we started teaching 3 little boys in the street and by the time we ended we had a crowd of 12 people around us that all accepted a baptismal date but this was in his area so I don´t know where that will go but it was still cool to experience. Then, on thursday we made tacos with la familia mercado which was really cool since they dont do tacos here. They all loved them but two of the daughters thought they were really spicy and they weren´t spicy at all!! haha There are now only 15 days til transfers and when I finish my training! It will definitely be fun to see where I go and who my new companion is. There was another group of like 20 boys in our area that are like they thugs and they make the neighborhood the most dangerous in Sáenz Peña but we started teaching them the lessons and teaching them english here and there and now they love us and said they would protect us so the only dangerous people we had to worry about before are now on our side haha. There isn´t that much more this week and I don´t have a lot of time to write but I am always thankful to those that write me and keep in contact. I just wanted to share a short quote before I finished. It is from Gordon B Hinckley and it says, " The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired." I think we can learn a lot from this and if we focus more on helping others then we will be happier and won´t feel as bad about our own lives. I love it here and can´t wait to hear from everyone!
Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine
 The end of the goat that we ate on christmas. This is hermano Mercado!

our christmas present to ourselves of 108 empanadas


 Elder Burnham and I with all our christmas presents (But most were his
since I still haven´t gotten my christmas package.

Elder Goodwin, Elder Anderson, and I at the Christmas activity


 All the food we had after shopping the week of christmas. This was the first
time our fridge and cupboards have been full for awhile.

The pizzas we make in our apartment when we don't have a lunch appointment.

Before the baptism of Catolina, Andrea, and Mercedes

After their baptism

Elder Warth and I in Corrientes (his companion in the MTC)

At the river in Corrientes

At the only Mcdonalds in the mission in Corrientes

The dog that was following us forever

The dog 40 minutes later after we did our shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment