Monday, December 1, 2014

14 months!

Hey Everyone!! 

I had actually hit 14 months already when I wrote you guys last week, but hadn´t noticed it. Crazy how fast the time is going. We´re already in December!!! It´s Christmas time! It´s just weird to me that in 30 days we will be entering 2015, the year in which I come home from the mission!!! Weird stuff for sure.  The mission spans over 2013, 2014, and 2015, and I´m almost done with both the 2013 and 2014 part. 

Anyways, the highlight of this week is that we finally got a hot shower. I don´t know if I had mentioned, but we have just had freezing cold showers for the last 2 months. And, Thursday morning was the first time that I have had a semi-legitimate shower in a long time. So that was pretty awesome. 

I don´t have a ton of time, so I will just updates on all the investigators. Amalia is still in the hospital...for no reason, but should be back this month. Her kids are still doing well and came to church and are on track to be baptized the 13th. Then, la familia Ramirez is also doing well. We have been praying for them and they even talked to their Dad and were going to come to church this week, but I don´t know what happened, they never showed up. La familia Rodas is doing well and still like when we visit but live forever away and it´s hard for them to come to church. Then, I did divisions this week with Elder Lee and those went well and he´s a cool guy. 

We had district conference, like stake conference, this week. So, just a ton of members and the mission president talks. I played the pìano both saturday and Sunday and played the organ for the choir as well. It was some good stuff. Oh, and we´ve been playing ping pong every P-day in the church and so we´ve been getting pretty good at that. 

I´m kind of out of time today, but I still wanted to put in something that I wrote down while listening to Dieter F Uchtdorf. It reads, "We have the promise that God will talk to those who come unto Him and humble themselves and sincerely search for an answer from Him." I love the promise and how applicable it is to all of us. I´ll send pictures next week since I´m out of time today. Thanks to all who wrote me and I hope to hear from you soon.

Les Quiero,
Elder Joshua Clarine

No comments:

Post a Comment